17/10/2013 08:45 | By MSN Celebrity
Gwyneth Paltrow and Vanity Fair editor Graydon Carter clash

Gwyneth Paltrow and Graydon Carter

Gwyneth Paltrow and Graydon Carter (© Reuters and Getty)
  • Gwyneth Paltrow and Graydon Carter (© Reuters and Getty)
  • Rihanna and Amanda Bynes in 2006 (© Getty Images)
  • Frances Bean Cobain, Kendall Jenner (© PA, Rex)
  • Katherine Jenkins (© PA)
  • Fearne Cotton and Lily Allen (© Getty; Rex)
  • Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj (© Reuters)
  • Kelly Osbourne and Christina Aguilera (© Wire Image, Reuters)
  • Kim Kardashian and Jon Hamm (© Reuters)
Reuters and Getty Show Thumbnails

In Hollywood, the last person you would want to get on the wrong side of is one of the most powerful magazine editors in the US, but unfortunately for Iron Man actress Gwyneth Paltrow, that's exactly what's happened. Gulp.

Back in May the actress hit out at Vanity Fair magazine when she circulated an email to her famous friends warning them not to talk to the publication after learning they were set to run an unauthorised feature on her. She reportedly told them: "Vanity Fair is threatening to put me on the cover of their magazine. If you are asked for quotes or comments, please decline. Also, I recommend you all never do this magazine again."

Graydon Carter, who edits the magazine, has recently revealed in an interview with the Times that the star's reaction to the rumoured article has "sort of forced my hand".

Discussing the article, which US Weekly has described as an "epic takedown", Graydon said: "We started a story on her. We have a very good writer and it’ll run."

He added: "We wouldn't be doing our job if there wasn't a little bit of tension between Vanity Fair and its subjects. In any given week, I can expect to hear from a disgruntled subject in Hollywood, Washington or on Wall Street. That's the nature of the beast."

Yikes, guess we'll just have to wait and see what the article says!

Click on the above picture to see more recent celebrity feuds...

23/04/2013 20:24
well there can't be many women who can run 26 miles,raise 25 grand for a deserving charity and still look stunning after the run , no wonder the tabloid hack is jealous
23/04/2013 19:49

Since when was it against the rules to run a marathon in full make-up.

Katherine Jenkins clearly did the training or she wouldn't have completed the course.

With regard to the `cathedral cleavage', this was both elegant and demure,  unlike many of our so called celebrities of whom it's a case of here's my cleavage, the rest of me will be along in five minutes. Presumably everyone's favourite slapper didn't receive an invitation on this occasion.

Also unlike Katherine's rendition on her current CD, she sang `I vow to thee my country' quietly with the rest of the crowd.

Incidentally, who IS Jan Moir? Not being a reader of the rag she works for, I simply don't know.

23/04/2013 20:10

Well done Katherine. I have just lost my dad to cancer and Mcmillan nurses made he's last few weeks so special. My dad loved the help from Mcmillan nurses at Barnsley Hospice South Yorkshire.

It's great to see people helping. Just ignore the people who have nothing better to do than bitch.  This lady is running for an organisation who supports cancer. If any of you see how poorly people get and suffer from this you might stop ****. People don't run the marathon to promote themselves Jan Moir.

23/04/2013 20:30

I live in Wales and we are all proud of Catherine Jenkins.  I'm English.  I know

that she had a gift that she developed by sheer hard work and qualified to reach

the level she is at now.  I was wondering what educational authority gave that

journalist a qualification or, was she born like that?  What sort of qualification

do you need to earn the money she earns by sitting of her ......... and typing

jealous remarks on a natural beauty.  I don't know what that journalist looks

like, but oh, some did tell me that they had seen an alien the other day, I've just

remembered!!

23/04/2013 20:16

I thought it was well known that Jan Moir is a nasty piece of work.

I'll never forget how she felt it her duty to incorrectly tell the public how Stephen Gately had brought about his own sordid and drug induced death.

When it became clear that she was wrong and that he'd died of a pulmonary oedema she was asked to apologise for Stephens friends and family's sake.

Did she?

No she just re-worked her previous sleezy article and made excuses for herself.

I never but The Mail now.

23/04/2013 19:35
23/04/2013 20:44
Why should anyone pay attention to what Jan Moir says? We are all aware of her vile comments after Stephen Gately's death. As far as columnists go she is the lowest of the low.
Well done Catherine. Such a dignified response. We will have to see if Moir takes her up on her offer of sponsorship.
04/10/2012 16:38
Can't stand Lily Allen - sour faced, critical and downright nasty - never met her but I guess she's just like her father ( also all of the above ! )
23/04/2013 21:12
jealousy is a curse, Katherine Jenkins ran the marathon for charity so what if she looked great what had Jan Moir done. Some times people should think and engage their brains, Jenkins in gorgeous, she is a great voice and ran for a charity near to her heart, so Moir shut up or put up and run for charity  in next years marathon
Jan who?  Daily Mail? Isn't that another scurilous rag with no morals. Lets not forget the journalst moto. Never let the truth get in the way of selling news papers.
04/10/2012 16:29
oh please, who does Lily Allen like?
23/04/2013 21:00
Well done to Kathrine Jenkins on the London Marathon.
Who is Jan Moir ? never heard of her, did she run the Marathon too ?  Sounds a bit like
a green eyed monster to me,  don`t be such a bitch, or is that the only way Jan Moir will get noticed ?.

04/10/2012 18:16
That Jon Hamm quote hits the nail right on the head. Gotta love that guy. And Kim's response only validates his point.  Yes Kim, you are stupid, and let's not forget you've gained those opportunities through making a sex tape, not because you're talented in any shape or form.
04/10/2012 16:57

Basically once a fat girl, always a fat girl with attitude.

she has a problemo with everyone, who is thinner than her!

04/10/2012 17:51
04/10/2012 16:55
Actually Fearne lots of people don't like you because you are soooo annoying!
04/10/2012 16:59
what is she 10? Meanwhile in the real world...
04/10/2012 16:53
WoW. this story counts as news???? Who cares.
04/10/2012 18:12
Fearne Cotton.. It's the stupid flaring nostrils that do it! Get that hateful creature off my TV!!