11/01/2013 12:26 | By Colleen Last, contributor, MSN Celebrity

Sharon Osbourne attacks Lady Gaga after Twitter feud escalates

Lady Gaga and Sharon Osbourne (© Rex, Reuters)

Sharon has jumped into a spat between her daughter Kelly and Lady Gaga – and created a storm.

The feud started last year when Kelly commented on Gaga’s weight gain and speculated that she might be pregnant. Speaking to Alan Carr, Kel said: “I think she is pregnant because she has been covering up this part of her body recently and I have been noticing that a lot.”

At the time, some of the singer’s fans attacked Kelly via Twitter and the abuse has recently flared up again, prompting Sharon to email the singer’s label boss Vince Herbert last week. In the email, she includes an example of a death threat Kelly received from one of Gaga's ‘little monsters’, and adds: “I thought that Gaga was a main campaigner against bullying.

“Vince, I’m leaving it in your hands to do the right thing here. One tweet from Gaga can change this whole situation. I’m not asking her to deal with this directly but if she could tweet something to her fans about being more respectful that may end this.”

Instead, the Judas star wrote a very public letter to Kelly via her official website, telling the TV presenter to "take responsibility and accountability" for her bitchy remarks. She said that Kelly's work on the E! show Fashion Police with Joan Rivers, where they poke fun of stars’ outfits, "is rooted in criticism, judgment, and rating people's beauty against one another".

The singer continued: "It used to make me truly sad when I would hear people talk about your weight when you were younger, as I was bullied too. To see you blossoming into a beautiful slender woman who makes fun of others for a living is astounding."

As for the death threats Kelly has received, Gaga said: "I cannot control my fans, and I discourage them from any negativity and violence because that is wrong and hurtful, and I do feel badly that your feelings were hurt."

Kelly Osbourne (© Wire)

Of course, the Osbourne matriarch isn’t one to retreat from a feud! She wrote a scathing response to Lady Gaga on her Facebook page, which read, in part: "Your open letter is hypocritical and full of contradictions… By your actions to Kelly right now, you have shown me that you are nothing more than a publicly seeking hypocrite and an attention seeker.

“I am calling you a bully because you have 32 million followers hanging on your every word and you are criticising Kelly in your open letter. A word from you would stop all the hideous, negative and vile threats from your ‘little monsters’.”

The end of Sharon’s letter shows that she expects this feud to run and run: “Let me know if you want to continue this debate. I'm an open playing field for you my darling.”

As for Kelly, she’s doing her best to stay out of it, tweeting: "I hope you guys realise that I don't care about any of this bulls**t! I know who I am I don't need anyone to tell me! Love to all."

11/01/2013 14:44
The Osbournes are what would be described as a Dysfunctional Famly if they had no wealth and publicity. The children would have been taken away from them if they lived on a council estate and had nowt  due to drug taking and drink abuse from an early age.
Kelly Osbourne like her brother Jack is famous for being infamous, no talent whatsoever lacking in the looks department too  but backed by Ozzies money and leeching off his name it is no suprise to see doors open for them in the "so called entertainment industry".
At least Lady Gaga has made her own name for herself and she has earned the right to have a fanbase, she is not my cup of tea but credit where credit is due, what the Osbournes have to say and actually do  is about as interesting as watching grass grow.
If Kelly whats her name wants to bitch at real celebrities then she has to put up with the consequences.
And Sharon I think we all know who the publicity seeking hypocrites and  attention seekers are.

11/01/2013 14:25
I agree with Lady Gaga, Kelly Osbourne didn't have much going for her a few years ago, overweight and mouthy. Now she looks slimmer and without doubt she has turned out very pretty, she should have more sense that to dish out criticism about how other people look.  Every mother loves their daughters, but Sharon should 'but out' and let her mouthy daughter take the flack for her critical remarks.
11/01/2013 14:00
I'd cringe with embarrassment if my "mummy" got involved in what appears to be a silly debate. Let's face it, it's all publicity for them be it trivial or not! Best advice surely is to ignore the who,e debacle?
11/01/2013 14:44
Oh dear.  Sharon Osbourne trying to throw her weight around - keep out of it my darling or teach your daughter to take the flack if she wants to give it out.
11/01/2013 16:05

The entire osbourne clan are a bunch of weird, dysfunctional misfits. The U.S. can keep them.

11/01/2013 15:04
the fact that anyone can call Lady Gaga a bully is almost laughable- shes quite in fact the opposite.
11/01/2013 20:13
ugh so what if she gained weight who gives a crap? so what if she's pregnant? its her business she's the one taking care of it why don't you( Kelly) work on figuring out what color your hair is suppose to be instead of telling gaga she's pregnant and "MUM" please! your daughter is well old enough to defend her own battles.
11/01/2013 19:49
11/01/2013 15:29
They all need their heads banged together.  Might knock some self absorbed ego out.
12/01/2013 02:07
sharon geta bloody life none of you are anybody of importance  seriously who do you think you or your daughter and gaga are . you are all wannabees
12/01/2013 11:53
I don't think Kelly should have the right to judging people for their weight gain, after all  if we were comparing fat to pregnancy you would think that she was having triplets (but well done for loosing the weight, you look happy). And Sharon should just stay out of this, let your child stick up for her own battles.

11/01/2013 19:39
as for gaga she probably is Prego and what kelly said hit a nerve. gaga craves attention as her hole look is to get people talking. as for the death threats to kelly am disgusted that someone would go that far over comments about her looking Prego. gaga's little sheep have fangs. the police will get to whoever is making the death threats through an e trace. its all a load of celeb bull****.
11/01/2013 15:28

Finally someone exposing Lady Gaga and her fans for what they are. Bullies and hypocrites. The moral of the story is you don't mess with an Osbourne.

11/01/2013 14:53
good on you sharon stick up for your own