07/08/2012 09:53 | By Felicity Thistlethwaite, Staff Writer, MSN Entertainment

Stars send condolences to Gary and Dawn Barlow

Celebrity friends and fans of Gary Barlow have taken to Twitter in their thousands to send the Take That singer and his wife their condolences, following the tragic news that Barlow's daughter Poppy was stillborn on Saturday.

Of the hordes of well-wishers online, Gary's former band mate and close friend Robbie Williams led the tributes, saying: "My thoughts are with Gary, Dawn and family right now. RW x."

Gary Barlow (© REX)

Gary and Dawn Barlow

Gary's X Factor co-judge Tulisa Contostavlos also sent a message of sympathy, saying: "My heart and love goes out to Gary and his family xx."

Gary's former X Factor mentee Frankie Cocozza tweeted: "My thoughts are with Gary Barlow and his family, such terrible news."

Last year's X Factor runner up Marcus Collins also tweeted his former mentor after hearing the news: "@GBarlowOfficial Can't even begin to imagine what you, Dawn & the kids r going through... My whole family are sending love and support so sorry."

Mysterious Girl singer Peter Andre tweeted from abroad when he heard the news, saying: "So incredibly sorry to hear about Gary Barlow and family. My families thoughts are with you all."

Danielle O'Hara (nee Lloyd) tweeted the singer saying: "My heart goes out to @GBarlowOfficial & his wife such heartbreaking news! My thoughts & prayers are with them... God be with them <3"

New mother and The Saturday's singer Una Healy sent her love to the Million Love Songs singer, Gary, and his wife: "My thoughts and prayers go out to @GBarlowOfficial and his wife and family such sad news RIP Poppy x."

Mother of one and former Liberty X star Michelle Heaton sent her condolences to Gary Barlow via the social networking site: "The worst thing a parent could possibly go through... Thoughts are with @GBarlowOfficial & family at this awful time. X"

And finally, reality TV star James 'Arg' Argent tweeted the singer: "Such sad news, Heart goes out to @GBarlowOfficial and his wife! X."

Gary and Dawn announced the sad news in a statement, saying: "Dawn and I are devastated to announce that we've lost our baby. Poppy Barlow was delivered stillborn on August 4th in London.

"Our focus now is giving her a beautiful funeral and loving our three children with all our hearts. We'd ask at this painful time that our privacy be respected."

Gary and the other Take That boys were set to perform at the Olympics closing ceremony on Sunday - it isn't known yet whether he will cancel this appearance or not.

07/08/2012 11:49
I am genuinely and deeply sorry for the couple but can we keep in mind that ,sadly, scores of ordinary people are going through the agony of losing a child every day in this country and nobody knows nor cares about them.
They deserve the same sympathy and support that any celebrity couple get so keep them in your thoughts as well.

Oh how terribly, terribly sad.
There is no pain worse than the pain of losing a child.
My prayers are with you and your family, may God comfort you.

07/08/2012 12:09
Such sad news, my heart goes out to you both, R.I.P little one
07/08/2012 19:06

You listed Gary Barlows  tragedy under 'Entertainment news'

You Idiots

07/08/2012 13:30
gary and dawn i am so sorry to hear the news of your loss my prayers and toughts are with  you and i will pray for your little angel poppy that she will rest in peace im so sorry for you both
07/08/2012 13:26
this news is so upsetting and my thoughts and love go to the barlows , may you both find strengh through this sad time .
07/08/2012 19:07
Such sad news. Family comes first - forget the Olympics they will manage without you. Your family needs you more.
07/08/2012 19:14

it  must  be  very  heatbreaking  to  go  full  term  and  things  go  bad  at  the  end  r,i,p,  poppy  the  angels  will  be  watching  over  you  xx

07/08/2012 15:53

I know what its like even 43 years later i remember everything that happened that night.2 weeks overdue as well with no option to hold her or say goodbye.

07/08/2012 12:43
Dear Gary and Dawn so sorry to hear this news, I lost my little boy at six weeks old, and I for one send my deepest condolences for you both and little Poppy . m
07/08/2012 12:32

Dear Gary & Dawn

I wish to convey my heartfelt condolences at this very sad time and my thoughts are with you and your family.

07/08/2012 12:24
Ive been there twice so my heart goes out to both.Be strong for one another X
07/08/2012 11:34

our thoughts are with gary and family at this sad time ****

07/08/2012 11:13
Any loss of a child is heartbreaking and to lose a child stillborn just as sad. Thought are with the Barlows.
07/08/2012 10:51
my heart goes out 2 u both thinking about u both at this sad time lots of love linda xx
07/08/2012 19:19
My thoughts and love go to Mr Barlow and his family at this sad time. Nothing anyone says will take away the pain, and time will never heal your wounds but I hope the love you and your wife share will be a help and comfort.
Sleep easy Poppy, rest in peace. ='(
I know exactly what you are going through, I have had three stillbirths.

My thoughts and prayers go to Gary & Dawn & family at this sad time. RIP Baby Poppy!! xx xx
07/08/2012 12:43
thinking of you gary and dawn my thoughts are with you both x